AIIMSONIANS of AMERICA (AOA) represents the alumni association of graduates AND postgraduates from The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA. AOA was established in 1982 for Charitable, Educational and Scientific purposes and is registered as a NON-Profit Corporation, under section 501(C)(3) of IRS Code of 1954.Section 1
Approximately 750 members, from all over North America.
Membership in AOA is comprised of physicians, surgeons, Nurses, Biologists and Research Scientists in various medical fields, all of whom earned their Degrees from The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, at New Delhi, India
The association was formed for the purpose of
- Annual Meetings for Continuing Medical Education
- Social Interaction
- Seeking Ideas for Career Enhancement and to Improve Quality of Life
- Philanthropic Activities to Support the Medical School in India
- Closer Interaction with AIIMS Faculty, Student Body and other AIIMSONIANS in INDIA
- Integration with our Alma Mater for the Exchange and Transfer of Scientific Knowledge and Technology
The AIIMSONIANS of AMERICA have undertaken a number of collaborative programs to benefit our Alma Mater. Among our achievements, we have donated laboratory equipment, patient care equipment, computer programs, and other requested educational material, sponsored an Awards in Excellence Fund, and donated an extensive collection of books to the AIIMS Library.