This is probably the only place you need to check if you want to catch up on something recent or know about what is happening next. New Meeting information and Images from recent meeting will be posted here.
- Last convention in Phoenix Arizona ( Aug. 10-13, 2017 ) was a smashing success. Our congratulations to Dr. Rajeev Agarwal, Chairman of the organizing committee for successful convention. CME program Co chaired by Drs.V.K Sharma and Vinay Chaudhry was excellent. The topics were tuned to the current practice environment we live in and were practical.
- Dr. Satish Dhalla from class of 1967, was recipient of Keswani Memorial lecture Award. He gave an superb presentation on “health and happiness”
- Dr. Prabha Dhalla ( Class of 1964 ) and Dr. Anju Ohri ( Class of 1973) were chosen as Alumni of the year. They are dedicated AIIMSonins and fully deserving of this honor.
- Among all excellent presentations, Drs. Sanjiv Chopra and Amita Chopra spoke about “Role of leadership” and meditation respectively. The audience loved their presentation. I believe that each presentation deserves recognition.
- Friday nights program included Bollywood style presentation. We were all pleasantly surprised to see how the local committee pulled it through but they did. This displayed the talent of our colleagues which we never knew existed.
- 50th batch anniversary ( Class of 67 ) was very well attended. 29 of our class Fellows joined in This was indeed a very moving experience for all. We mingled, reminisced and indeed shared some tears together. Amrit Chopra, Bipin Kumar , Ravi Rajgopalan worked very hard to make this event a success. Kudos to them.
- The effort is underway for closer communication with our Alma Mater. Drs. Kumkum and Shalender Bhasin have been working hard to arrange teleconference between Drs. Randeep Gulaeria, Balram Airon, B.D.Gupta to proceed further. We would like to assess as to where the needs are and what we could do for our Alma Mater. We propose scientific and cultural exchange on a regular basis.
- Scholarship Awards: This year, we have had significant contribution from the AOA family. $ 1000 was committed by Drs. Adarsh Kumar, B.D.Gupta and Narayan Verma. Donation from B.D.Gupta is for life, and from Drs. Adarsh Kumar and Narayan Verma for at least several more years. Besides, $ 2200 was raised from the members. Starting this year, this sum of money would be allocated only towards this goal and will be kept separately
- Mission Statement: The executive committee will look into it and see if improvements are needed.
The next AOA Convention will be held in Omaha, Nebraska from Aug. 9-12. Please save the dates. Further information will be forthcoming over next several months.
As always, Please contact any of us in the Exec. Committtee. We are here to serve you.
Flickr Gallery 2016 meeting
FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS THE MOST
Our FOCUS will be on three key elements most of us wanted from our association website.
Complete User Directory
Directory not only provides the information we had in Dr. Bana’s database but further enhance it with information users have shared in our dynamic website.
To Augment it even more, users can search members around them based on name and geolocation. In other words, users can either enter address they want to search or perform automated search based on their location.